The following descriptions do not state or imply that the duties enumerated here are the only duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to or expected of this position. Employees holding these positions will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Classification: Nonexempt (Seasonal)
Reports to: Camp Director (Primary), Lake Nixon Outdoor Center Executive Director and other administrative staff (Secondary)
To further the mission of LNSDC by designing, planning and implementing camp activities and programs; creating and disseminating camper activity schedules; developing and implementing program assessment tools; managing Program budget, supervising staff and having an active role in the camp leadership team
Lake Nixon Outdoor Center is a ministry of Second Baptist Church, downtown Little Rock. All applicants are encouraged to visit the church website and social media (www.2bclr.com and Facebook @2bclr) to become familiar with the congregation, its Christian faith, and its commitment to inclusion. Individual staff will not be required to engage in explicit religious instruction or proselytism, but all staff are expected to represent the church in their work by displaying the highest standards of professional conduct and personal care for campers and fellow staff.
- Enjoy working with kids
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Maintain patience under pressure
Essential Job Functions:
1. Under the guidance of the Camp Director, design and implement daily camp activities, special events and guests.
2. Supervise and manage Program Specialists.
3. Schedule campers groups for their daily activities.
4. Under the guidance of the Camp Director, manage the Camp Programs budget.
5. Design and implement program quality assessment tools.
6. Regularly conduct program quality assessments.
7. Assist in the direction and supervision of Program Specialists and Counselors in carrying out scheduled activities and special events in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
8. Apply basic youth development principles in developing and implementing recreational and educational programs and activities.
9. Maintain high levels of professionalism with campers and staff through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement and empowerment of individuals.
- Assure campers and staff are properly supervised at all times.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries and professionalism with campers and fellow staff at all times.
10. Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers within the mission and outcomes.
- Responsible for directly or assisting with the teaching of activities.
- Actively participate in all program areas as assigned.
- Provide for the progression of activities within the framework of individual and group interests and abilities.
- Assist in carrying out leadership team duties including: Supervising and evaluating staff performance; Monitor camp property for potential hazards; interacting with camper parents/guardians; participate in team meetings
11. Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
- Adhere to all Covid-19 related regulations and guidelines as set forth by the Arkansas Health Department, The CDC and Lake Nixon Covid-19 protocols.
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines as outlined in Lake Nixon policies, Arkansas Health Department regulations and as communicated by the oversight of the Camp Director.
- Be alert to camper and staff needs and assist them with personal and/or health problems, and discuss with camp health managers and/or Camp Director when appropriate.
- Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to; report repairs needed promptly to the Camp Director.
12. Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures as outlined in Lake Nixon Day Camp procedure and as directed by the camp administration.
- Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Lake Nixon Summer Day Camp does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and dismissal.